If you have difficulties hearing, choosing the right hearing aid for your needs and your lifestyle is of paramount importance, otherwise, it isn’t going to benefit you.
During our lifetime, our ears are exposed to lots of different noises. Loud noises in particular can damage the cells in our inner ears.
Established in 2019, Signia is a brand that belongs to Sivantos and Widex; two large hearing aid manufacturers. After both companies merged, they formed the brand WS Audiology to replace Siemens hearing aids. Along with Signia hearing aids, they also offer hearing aids from the following retailers; Rexton, Widex, Audibene, and A&M.
Signia offers a selection of hearing aids to accommodate the needs of a range of individuals with mild to profound hearing loss.
If you would like to learn more about this brand, check out our review below. We have taken a look at what they offer along with the features of the devices and their reputation. We have also identified possible drawbacks and ways that the hearing aids could be improved.
What Types of Hearing Aids Does Signia offer?
Signia offers an extensive selection of hearing aids with different styles available, this includes in-the-canal, completely-in-canal, receiver-in-canal, in-the-ear, and behind-the-ear hearing aids. As such, there is a style available to cater to individuals with different needs.
Not only does Signia offer different styles, but they also have several lines.
The Signia Active hearing aid has an award-winning design and will effectively enhance your hearing. They are sleek and can be worn like a set of earbuds. They also have an array of favorable features. Using the Bluetooth Streaming feature you can stream music and accept phone calls. Thanks to the pocket-sized charging case you can charge your hearing on the go.
Once fully charged, they can then deliver 26 hours of use. A great thing about this case is that it is conveniently sized so it can easily fit inside your pocket or your bag and you can then reach for it as and when it is required. The Signia Active hearing aid also comes with an enhanced speech understanding feature.
Because of this, you will be able to cut through noise to hear the sound of voices regardless of the direction that it is coming from. Moreover, using the Signia app you can optimize sound.
The Styletto X is a fairly new release from the brand. Again, it boasts an award-winning design and will enhance your hearing experience so that you can hear excellent quality sound. In regards to the design of this hearing aid, it is sophisticated and stylish and can be worn discreetly.
This is a receiver-in-canal hearing aid that is intended for patients with mild to moderate hearing loss. It is compatible with a portable charging case which is the first to use QI technology.
This essentially means that you place the case onto a mat to charge it rather than plugging it into the mains. It is conveniently sized and therefore easy to carry around with you. When using the Signia Assistant App, you essentially have a hearing companion who can ensure that your hearing aid is catering to your needs so that you can remain fully immersed in life.
The Signia Silk X is virtually invisible. In fact, it is described as ‘’one of the world’s smallest hearing aids’’. Because of this, it is a good option for individuals who are looking for something minimal and discrete. It is designed with soft silicone sleeves that will adapt to different ear shapes so that it can be worn comfortably and securely.
When wearing this hearing aid you will be able to hear crystal clear sounds regardless of the situation that you are in. For example, if you are walking down a crowded street or sitting inside an overly busy restaurant or cafe, you will be able to converse with others. It is also available in two colors so patients can select their preferred option.
The Signia Pure line consists of 7 different hearing aids. This includes PureCharge&Go AX, PureCharge&Go X, PureCharge&Go Nx, Pure 312 X, Pure 312 Nx, Pure 10 Nx, and the Pure 13 Nx. These hearing aids are small, all-around devices that have been designed with some impressive high-tech features.
Not only will you be immersed in high-quality sound but you can also enjoy the Bluetooth connectivity feature that will allow you to accept phone calls or listen to music and TV audio. They are sleek, small, and will let you enjoy natural sound.
Just like the other Signia hearing aids, those from the Pure line come with a rechargeable case that you can use to charge your hearing aids on the go. It has also been designed to fit inside a bag or pocket and it will not consume a lot of room.
This line consists of two different models; the Motion Nx and the Motion Charge&Go Nx. They are behind the ear devices that are suitable for all levels of hearing loss. A standout feature with both of these hearing aids is the sensor technology which recognizes when you are moving. As such, you will be able to experience everything that is going on around you.
Other features include Bluetooth streaming and the Al Digital Assistant. They can also be charged on the go and are expected to deliver up to 61 hours of use on one single charge.
What Other Hearing Aids Does Signia Offer?
Along with the hearing aids that we have listed above, Signia offers the Insio Nx and the Insio Nx (Bluetooth). They also offer the Intuis 3, Primax, Lotus Family, and a few Cros devices. They are not all suitable for all levels of hearing loss, so if you are interested in purchasing any of them, you will need to make sure that they are suitable for your needs.
Do You Need A Hearing Test for a Signia Hearing Aid?
When you visit the Signia website, you will be able to participate in a free online hearing test which will take less than 5 minutes to complete. It will test your right and left ear against high-frequency tones and words to determine whether you have hearing loss.
Once you have received your results you will then be told what you need to do as the next step. If your results show that you do have hearing loss, you will need to book an appointment with a hearing professional who will be able to advise you on what the best Signia hearing aid is for your needs and level of hearing loss.
What Do We Like About Signia Hearing Aids?
- Advanced features – as we have identified, most of the Signia hearing aids incorporate advanced features such as Bluetooth connectivity, motion sensors, and improved sound and speech clarity. These help to enhance your overall hearing experience.
- Rechargeable – the hearing devices are rechargeable and come with a case that you can use to recharge them on the go. Because of this, you will not have to be without your hearing aid for very long periods. There are certain models such as those belonging to the Motion range which deliver many hours of use before they need to be recharged.
- Availability of different styles and models – a great thing about Signia hearing aids is that they are available in a selection of styles. As such, they cater to an array of different needs.
- Custom-fit – many hearing aids that you purchase over the counter are generally designed to try and fit most people, however, the fit of Signia hearing aids is customized to suit the ear shape and size of different individuals.
- App connectivity – The Signia app allows you to communicate with a hearing professional when needed without having to go through the hassle of booking an appointment. As such you never have to worry about missing out on what’s going on around you as you have help on hand.
What do we dislike about Signia hearing aids?
- The cost – Signia hearing aids are quite a hefty investment, and may not be a practical option for those on a tighter budget. It is worth noting that the cost can vary depending on the style that you choose and where you are located.
- Performance – some customers who have purchased a Signia hearing aid have experienced problems with them going dead a few weeks after purchasing them. If this should happen to you, you will need to contact the company, and, likely, they will then try to rectify the problem for you.
Signia offers high-quality hearing aids, and although this is reflected in the price, some patients may feel like this is worth it as they are user-friendly and incorporate the latest technology.
It is important to make sure that you visit a hearing professional before you choose a hearing aid because they will be able to let you know which one is better suited for your needs.